Thursday 23 October 2014

The Heaton Family Legacy - Maura 1.1

Maura Heaton just moved to Starlight Shores in hopes of starting her life over. She was irresistible, hopeless romantic, coward and charismatic. Her life's dream was to be the leader of the free world.


She scrounged whatever money she had left and bought a few necessities.



 Maura needed to know a little more logic for her job at city hall. The book store seemed like a good place to start.


She met a guy outside of the store who was catcalling her.
'I'm ending this before it starts'


It didn't end well.


'Why do people insist on complaining about the government to the lowest on the totem pole?'


Maura decided to take up painting as a hobby.
"Maybe this will help me earn some simoleons.."


Too bad Maura was too afraid of the dark to have a decent night's sleep.


Poor Maura was so poor she couldn't even afford shoes...


The next morning, Maura gave herself a pep talk.
"Ok Maura. You're going to get your promotion. Why? Because Podium cleaning fluid smells bad and makes you gag that's why"


Maura needed to make friends if she was going to survive. She made one in Brandon Woods, her co worker


They got along well.


Really well


"Who in the world is spreading rumors, that aren't really rumors, about my lack of funds? Not today"


"Our opponent is winning? Not on my watch"


"He'll be shaking Grim's hand before that happens"


One night, Brandon appeared on Maura's....lawn.
"Brandon? What are you doing here?"
"I thought I'd pay you a visit. Those rumors seemed pretty nasty huh?"


Maura was a bit irritated by that.
"Why? Are you hear to make fun of me too?!"


"No, not at all. They seemed pretty nasty. This lot is pretty big. It's understandable that you're short on funds."
"I wanted to build my own home...my own legacy"


"That's admirable"
"Yeah...now if only the people at city hall took me seriously"
"Give it time, Maura. They'll get with the program one day"


Maura sighed and  looked up at Brandon. It was taking all her courage to talk with Brandon the way she was. She never felt like this before: brave.


She kissed him and he didn't push her away.


It was like the world stopped around them.
"Brandon..."
"Maura."


"Do you want to...I mean..stay the night?"
"I'd love to"





Everything was so..perfect.


It wasn't until Maura was sleeping that her common sense kicked in.
'Good job Dummy! You just slept with a married man!'


But when Brandon held her during the night, she seemed to forget about that little detail.


The next morning reality had caught up to them.
"Hi Brandon"
"Hi"


"Maura, I don't know if you know this but I'm married."
"....I know."


Brandon opened his mouth to, presumably, end their short lived affair.
"Brandon. It's ok. We don't have to mention it again. It was a one night stand. I get it"
"Well...I was going to say that I want to continue this but..."


Maura was shocked.
"What?! W-what about your wife?!"


"Stardust and I have our problems. I thought we were soulmates once...but then I met you and I just don't know. I guess what I'm trying to say is...I want to see where this goes."



They stood there looking at eachother. There wasn't any harm in seeing if there was some sort of deep connection between them. If it went foul, no one would have to know.


 "Ok"
"I'm glad to hear it, Maura"


"Our little secret then?"
"Our little secret"


The two of them ran off to work as separately as they could.



In other news, Maura has a house!


"Finally a roof over my head. Thank plumbob.."


--
Yay for the Sims 3 Legacy Redo!

Why do all my sims go for the older man who is most likely married? It's a curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment