Tuesday 22 July 2014

Pham Family Going Solo - Richie 6.5 & Stephen 7.1

Richie invited Janet over after work one night. He had a surprise for her.



"Now don’t freak out. I have a question for you"
"About what?"


"Will you marry me?"


"Yes. Of course, yes!"


Riche got to booking the wedding chapel asap


Next thing was to tell Stephen. 
"Janet and I are getting married. What do you think, kiddo?"


"That’s great Dad. I can’t wait"


Months later, it was the big day. This time it felt right. Not a shotgun affair and with the right woman.


Mr and Mrs Richie Pham everyone!


Except this wedding had a surprise guest.


"Fluffs, what are you doing here? You weren’t invited"


"I had to see the woman who stole you from me. David said you were sleeping together when we were still married."


"What?! No we weren’t! Janet and I didn’t start seeing eachother until Stephen was a child. Long after we got divorced, if you recall. David hates me and only wants to stir up trouble. He’s lying to you."


"Hmpf! I believe him a lot more than I believe you! He understands me unlike you! We’ll see who’s lying.."
And with that she left in a huff.


Janet really didn’t know what to think of that woman. One thing for sure was that Fluffs and David were clearly perfect for eachother


After the party was over, the stress that Fluffs left tired them all out. No wedding night fun for them


Quintalyn was gifted with a trip for 3 from city hall for all her hard work. Thus, the three adults left in the early morning to catch their flight to Sunlit Tides.


Of course no one bothered to tell Stephen any of this. Richie did leave him a note on the fridge though.


Stephen woke up to a deadly quiet house.
"Dad? Grandma? Janet?"
He was utterly confused.


He made his way over to the fridge after searching the house and was met with a note.
"Stephen,
We’ve gone on a vacation in Sunlit Tides with your Grandma. Consider it our honeymoon. You can reach us at xxx-xxxx. Don’t cause too much trouble ok?
Love, Dad”
"Gee…Thanks for telling me Dad.."


Clearly, the first thing to do is throw a party.


His party was off the wall. Not to mention he was hitting it off rather well with his good friend, Wilhelmina Wolff.


But then the adults came home early.


"Stephen! What is all this?! I told you not to get into trouble!"


"Dad, chill. It’s just a party. It didn’t even get out of hand. No cops even came."
Probably not the best thing to say to a cop but he went with it.


Thus, Stephen was effectively grounded. Wonderful.


Stephen figured if he helped out around the house, he would be let off the hook a lot quicker. Prom waited for no one after all.


His hypothesis proved to be correct.
"Alright kiddo. I’ll let you off. Just no more parties ok?"


"Ok Dad. Thanks"


It was prom night and Stephen was looking good. 


While Stephen was at prom, Richie and Janet were throwing a snow day party, and once again some unexpected guests arrived


Richie and Quintalyn were ready with damage control


"David…I hope we can just move past this and have a nice snow day."


"You stole my wife! That’s something I can’t forgive!"


"Ok…first of all, I didn’t steal anyone. Janet didn’t even tell me she was married until we were too far in. It was her decision to leave you. Yelling at me will solve nothing."


Richie didn’t want to deal with this anymore. 
"I think you should leave…and take Fluffs with you"


Meanwhile, Quintalyn was handling the Fluffs situation.
"What are you doing?! First at the wedding and now here! The both of you have moved on! You’re just causing drama now."


"I know you’re not here about Stephen. He doesn’t seem to matter to you. Leave with your boyfriend….now."


Before leaving, Fluffs gave Janet the evils. This wasn’t over.


Over the next few weeks, Richie and Janet started getting phone calls. They were about Stephen. About how the sins of the father will never let him be happy.
Richie was ready to arrest someone. He was sure it was David and Fluffs messing with them.


Even if Richie was right about his theory, the person on the phone used a voice scrambler. Janet had to remind him that he needed more proof. She had to keep her resolve, even if it was difficult.


Meanwhile, Stephen started going out with Wilhelmina. He really liked her a lot.


Quintalyn dealt with all the stress rather well. Blowing things up was rather therapeutic.


Stephen spent his nights out with Wilhelmina. His parents were so paranoid about him going out at night. He thought they were taking those prank calls rather seriously.


Richie thought they needed to relax. Those phone calls were killing them. A dip in the hot tub sounded like a quick fix for now


Stephen really wasn’t worried. He was too busy sending love letters back and forth with Wilhelmina.


Janet was getting sick now. Richie figured the phone calls were getting to her.


It was Quintalyn’s birthday and Janet hoped to bake her a cake. She never had human food before and hoped she didn’t mess it up.


Stephen was getting the calls now. Maybe he should worry about them a little bit. 


About time Quintalyn.



(During the great game glitch of 2014, Quintalyn’s age reset so she was at the beginning of Adult when she was supposed to be 5 days away from elder. So Quinnie here will be around a lot longer, which is a-ok)
"Grandma, what’s with the short skirt?!"
"My fashion sense shouldn’t suffer just because I’m old, Stephen"


WHUT


(Apparently, these two love birds got it on when I wasn’t watching them. whoops)
Richie was happy.
"That’s so great Janet!"


Janet had a problem.
She didn’t like kids. Sure she had one with David but she had been a young vampire who listened to her father. The man thought he knew best. He really didn’t.
This was different though. She loved Richie. Maybe having his baby wouldn’t be so bad…


Quintalyn was happy for a new grandchild but she was worried. All those phone calls and now the bomb that Fluffs dropped in the newspaper.
Fluffs and David were expecting.
She couldn’t help but feel that they were just trying to get back at Richie and Janet. This would definitely not end well.


Richie and Janet momentarily forgot about those dire calls. They were expecting a baby. Nothing could bring them down right now.


One night, Stephen managed to sneak out and Wilhelmina. He knew his parents meant well but his 8:00 pm curfew was kinda ridiculous.


Unfortunately for him, Richie called in some favours and had his partner go look for him.
”!@#$%^&*”


"Come on now Janet…It’s not even midnight yet"


"We were worried sick about you! What if something happened?! You’re grounded!"


Stephen couldn’t take these rules. He couldn’t wait for this birthday.


Quintalyn was getting a little crazy in her old age and started stealing things with her harvester


And blowing things up


Since he was chained to the house, Stephen invited Wilhelmina over. He had a surprise for her.


Then Janet went into labour!


Good thing Richie just got home.


Richie and Janet were off to the hospital leaving Stephen to his own devices.
"Wilhelmina, I love you, will you be with me forever?"


"Of course I will! I love you too!"


"When shall I move in?"
"What?"


"In my culture, the fiancee of the one who asks moves in with him/her a few weeks before the wedding. It’s about cohabitation."


"What about now? I mean, we’ll be off to University soon. That’s a couple of years of just the two of us. That way we won’t be bothering my parents too much"


"That’s a good idea. My father won’t mind too much…Is something worrying you?"
"No…it’s just I don’t think my step-mom likes werewolves too much. Since she’s a vampire and all."


"Hmm…maybe if I look a little more…like this?"
"That’ll work. I like your werewolf form as well, you know."
"I know but thanks"


But then suddenly there were birthdays
Wilhelmina:


Stephen:


Meanwhile, Saraphina was born. She’s human.


When they came home, Stephen broke the news.
"Dad, Wilhelmina and I are engaged"

"That’s wonderful Kiddo. She’s a keeper"


Even knowing that Richie approved, Wilhelmina still wanted his blessing.


"Of course you have my blessing. Welcome to the family"


"Thankyou! I promise to be a good wife"


Janet wasn’t so approving.


"Janet..please don’t hate her. I know you don’t like werewolves but I love Wilhelmina. Please don’t take it out on her"


"Now hold on there Stephen. I never said anything about hating her. I may not like werewolves but she’s your fiancee. She must be pretty amazing then"


"Thankyou Janet. She really is"


In Stephen’s eyes, life was looking pretty good. He was graduating, going off to university and had the girl of his dreams. Nothing could ruin this.

1 comment:

  1. I've read and seen too much to trust anything ending in 'nothing could possibly go wrong' . I've been worried that Fluffs would cause big problems somewhen, I just hope no one gets hurt. Then again, the heir is with a woman who isn't supposed to be around when he's raising the child.. Not feeling confident about her future here :/

    ReplyDelete